Friday, December 12, 2008

One long post -- Owen turns 2, the reveal and triplets at 24 weeks

Last weekend, my little baby turned 2.  I still can't believe it.  We celebrated with a lot of fire truck decorations and a great group of friends and family.  Every one came out to help us celebrate even with the yucky weather we had last Saturday.  Owen had a blast and now proudly states that he's "Two years old" when you ask him how old he is.  

  
Owen and his friends enjoying birthday cake.


Owen's fire truck cake -- probably my first and last cake decorating attempt.


Those of you who don't get to see me have often asked to see pictures of my belly....here it is, just for you.  24 weeks of triplet belly.   Looks more like 45 weeks of a regular pregnant person's belly...


On to triplet news.  We had another ultrasound today showing that all three babies are still doing great.  They're growing and have all nearly doubled their weight since the last ultrasound. Baby A was 1lb 12oz, Baby B was 1lb 10oz, and Baby C was 1lb 90z.  I'm still feeling good, albeit huge (see above picture) and continue to work, but am doing so from home.  It was getting too exhausting to get into the office every day and being home allows me to rest some here and there throughout the day.  I'm feeling very lucky during this pregnancy -- comparatively speaking.  Of the 5 other women I know of (I've only personally met 2 of them) who are currently pregnant with triplets (including one with quads), 3 of them are hospitalized for the duration of their pregnancy and one is restricted to limited activity.   So, while I'm getting bigger by the minute and more uncomfortable by the second, I'm thankful that I'm able to spend my days at home and can enjoy playing with Owen, eating meals with my family, and sleeping in my own bed.  Hopefully I'll get to continue to do that for the next 10 weeks or so.  
Here are the latest pictures of the babies.  Baby A and Baby C were cooperative for pictures today, but Baby B wasn't up to it.  He was getting kicked and squashed by both of his siblings, so I can't quite blame him for not being in the mood for a photo shoot.  
  
Baby A -- he has been quite active lately

  
Baby B -- squashed to the right site of the picture with his hand on his forehead.  It's rough being the middle child.  The ribs on the left of the picture belong to Baby C.

Baby C, posing for the camera as usual.

5 comments:

  1. Carrie, you are such a trooper! You look amazing and are absolutely glowing! I think of you every day - especially when I'm feeling crummy and tell myself that if you can do it with 3 in your belly that I can make it with 1 in mine!

    Owen's birthday party looks like it was a lot of fun! The cake looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, you look just beautiful!! And those babies are just PRECIOUS!

    Happy Birthday Owen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie,

    Great news! Keep on truckin' and call me so we can get together while you're still mobile. We're always here and we'd love to have you over so you can see what life's like once the triplets arrive!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie! You look great and your attitude is awesome....you're an inspiration!! Please let me know if I can do anything to help1!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so great you've tapped into the multiples network! I'm sure it's a big help. Love the belly! The cake is fantastic too, what a great party theme! We'll see you after the holidays and I'm sure at some point we'll run into you at the OB office. Babies look great!!

    ReplyDelete