A while back, I became a follower of Multiples and More and while I don't think I've ever commented on any of their posts, I felt their call for 'small successes' was a way I could help myself feel a bit better about everything that is on my plate these days. So, MoM, here's my 5 small successes from the last week (in no particular order):
1) Took our 3 boys to the pediatrician on Tuesday. Owen hadn't been well all weekend and the little boys *still* aren't sleeping very well. The little ones checked out just fine, but O had an ear infection and pink eye. Those, in combination with a 24 hour tummy bug, had really hit him hard over the weekend. Here's a pick of him on Monday sitting in daddy's lap. He didn't even get terribly excited over his daddy's birthday celebration. Thankfully, after 1 day's worth of antibiotics, he was back to his old self again.
For their trip to the pediatrician, I also dressed Grant and Mason in 2 of Owen's really cute outfits. I had been meaning to put them in them for a while, but hadn't gotten around to it. I'm so happy I did. Grant looked adorable, albeit, a bit gansta-ish. haha. And Mason looked mighty cute in his puppy sweater vest. The puppy sweater vest outfit (thanks, Meg!) was the outfit Owen wore on his first day to daycare when he was 4 months old. It fits Mason and he'll be 9 months at the end of next week.
2) Celebrated Aaron's 34th birthday. I'm embarrassed to say that I neither cooked his dinner nor made his cake for the special event (Nana did all that for him -- she's great, ain't she?). I did, however, pre-order him a Nook for his birthday and he previously also got a new handheld video recorder for his birthday gift.
3) I worked. I don't think I should have to give many more details than that. I consider it a pretty big success that I can get there looking halfway decent on any day of the week considering I haven't more than 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep in the last 3 months. (I'll spare everyone any pictures of this....)
4) Aaron and I (with MAJOR help from Nana and Papa) created an amazing playroom for the babies and Owen. We ripped up carpet in two rooms in our house, laid laminate flooring down, painted the walls in one room, painted and put down quarter-round, made a trip to Ikea, practically overloaded the van with stuff from Ikea, put together furniture and laid rugs, and we're working on the finishing touches. It looks darn good, if I do say so myself, and the babies and Owen (and Lilly, our nanny's little girl) are loving it. Here are a couple of pics (only one pic of before -- and that's just of the color on the walls since I didn't think to take good 'before' pics)
pretty darn cool playroom, huh? still needs some finishing touches, though...
5) I blogged and I took pictures of my babies. These are things I don't do nearly as much as I'd like to do. I haven't even yet posted pictures of halloween. But, here are some pictures from last week. I'm starting to get a bit more comfortable with the camera, but still need more time to perfect everything. Would love to have time to be able to take a class, but I don't see that happening very soon.
Honestly, have you ever seen a cuter set a big brown eyes????
Hmmm....what shall I play with next?
I'm in love with this next picture of Mason. He's so sweet.
Grant -- looks a little confused, but still cute.
Silly Mayleah faces -
what are you sayin'?
You wanna see my tongue? sure!
Are you talking about how cute I am? awww shucks...
Naw, really? me? yeah, I guess I am pretty cute.
Gooooo Colts!
And last, but certainly not least....here is the babies' new triplet table that Nana and Papa put together for us. We found the table used from another mom of triplets, bought the chairs to go in it from here and Papa cut the holes for the seats. It's it great? What's that? Who's that big baby in the seat? No, Mason didn't grow that big overnight....I honestly didn't think Owen would fit in there so I told him we would put him in just to see if he fit. He was sure that he would. Guess who was right. Too bad the table wasn't big enough for 4 seats. Owen had a hard time giving up his place at the table when Mason woke up from his nap.
May enjoying her first biter biscuit
Mason with his biter biscuit
Me feeding the babies their first (of many, I'm sure) dinner at their new table. Thanks, Nana and Papa!!!!












Such cute babies Carrie! PS That table is awesome! ~Mandy
ReplyDeleteCarrie, you are totally amazing!! :) Your kiddos are so happy and adorable. Major kudos to you and Aaron for such a beautiful, happy family!!
ReplyDeleteAnd your pics are awesome! That lens rocks ;)
I can't believe you would label any of those things as SMALL successes! Holy cow - building a new playroom? Working? Those are GIANT successes! You are doing an amazing job!
ReplyDeleteLove the new playroom! I recognize all the fun Ikea stuff- I have a lot of those things too and I LOVE them!
ReplyDeleteFirst off, your pictures are just awesome!!!! Great quality!
ReplyDeleteI bet the new table is so helpful when feeding the babes...reminds me of the jon and kate table (although with less seats..lol).
The playroom looks awesome. How in the world are you doing it all? You are definitely one awesome mama!
BIG Successes! Getting to work with clean clothes and a touch of make-up is very difficult for me. Good thing I see different custoemrs each day :) Great pictures of the kids and I love the feeding table. Also, the Perry triplets LOVE bitter biscuits!
ReplyDeleteyour little ones are beautiful!
ReplyDelete