Today marks the triplets' 4 month birthday. They're getting bigger and give us more and more smiles each day. I've been hesitant to write this down for fear of jinxing it...but....they've also been sleeping through the night! For a couple of weeks now, actually. It's wonderful. Still working on a daytime routine that all 3 babies agree on, but for now, I'll take the sleep at night over the daytime routine, that's for sure. Here's a quick update on all the kids.

Mason, with his big brown eyes, gets sweeter every day. He's started to give us little hints of giggles along with his huge grins. He loves to sit in his puppy bouncy and listen to the music. He hates tummy time with a passion, but has managed to turn over from his tummy to his back a few times. He's still lighter than his siblings, but he's gaining steadily. The babies don't have their official 4 month well-baby exam until the beginning of July, so look for updates on their development then.
Mayleah (note -- I wish I could figure out why blogger is underlining my text, but I can't...so please try to ignore it. I'm trying but it's annoying me!) -- her cheeks seem to get chubbier every day and her smiles are definitely the most frequently seen of her siblings. She wakes up happy, goes to sleep happy, and is just happy in general. She coos and talks quite a bit to anyone who will listen. She's fascinated by all her brothers and watches them intently when they're around her. She's doing well on her tummy, but unlike her brothers, she hasn't figured out how to roll from her tummy to her back yet.
Grant -- Mr. Blue Eyes. Grant works hard to keep his temper in check. He never wants to slack and let us think that we can hesitate for a moment with any of his needs. ;o) He is smiling more, however and even coos and gives little giggles too. Grant is loving being on his tummy and can hold his head up high and he easily rolls from his tummy to his back whenever he pleases. Here's a quick video of the babies playing
On Friday, Owen enjoyed a great play date with his friend Emily from daycare. We loved having Emily and her mom over and it was obvious that Owen was extremely happy to have his Emmy around. Since Owen moved up to the 2s room in January, we haven't gotten to see her very often and we've missed her! Thanks for coming over, Stephanie and Emmy, we hope to have you over again soon!
For those of you that asked about the new look of the blog - I 'designed' the header but the rest of the page is just one of blogger's standard layouts. Glad to hear you like it!
The rest of the family is doing well, now. I was horribly sick earlier this week with a stomach flu. I can't remember ever feeling so bad but I'm finally getting back to normal and hoping that the rest of the family is spared. Once again, Nana saved the day by taking care of me and the babies all day on Monday (thankfully Owen could add a day at daycare) and Tuesday. I wasn't really on the mend until Wednesday afternoon and I honestly don't know what I would have done without her -- I was feeling so bad I couldn't even sit up to feed babies! Hopefully the rest of the summer will be free of any cold or flu bugs for our family!





They are getting so big! They are all so beautiful in their own way. I actually kind of like that they don't look alike because it adds to their uniqueness. You are so blessed!
ReplyDelete