Saturday, September 13, 2008

Adventures of the last week

We had our first OB appointment for the triplets on Thursday.  I'm now 11 weeks and measuring as if I were 22 weeks pregnant with one baby.  The OB appointment went well.  No restrictions on my current activity, but my doc suggested we start encouraging Owen to be more independent so that I'm picking him up less.  He is getting to be a big boy, but that's still hard for me to believe. Friday morning started with another scare from the babies.  We went in for another ultrasound and apparently they just wanted some more attention b/c they were all doing fine.  We could see all their little limbs and one baby even looked like he was waving to us.  Makes you wonder what they're doing in there with each other all the time.  We scheduled a big ultrasound for next Friday.  Believe it or not, that appointment is scheduled for an hour and 20 minutes.  Since measure each baby and they do each measurement 3 times, it looks like it's going to take a while.  Wonder how many trips I'll have to make to the bathroom during that time!  :o)  So, hopefully next week at this time I'll be posting some updated ultrasound pictures as well. 

Today started out as an adventure as well.  We needed to take my husband's car in for some work, so we dropped off the car and went out for breakfast and then did a Target run.  Aaron unloaded the cart, but accidentally left my diaper bag in the cart.  I didn't realize it was missing until we were leaving the dealership after picking the car up.  Aaron quickly called Target, but the person he spoke to said nothing had been turned in.  So he drove back there and luckily that person was wrong.  Whew!  The security guard had locked up the bag since my wallet had cash in it (ha!---it was a whole $2, I was way more worried about the credit cards and my cell phone than my measly 2 bucks!).  So, we got home with all our belongings and I was able to take a nice long nap, thanks to my wonderful hubby.  We later went and played with Owen in the backyard and here are some pics from this afternoon.  






5 comments:

  1. Great pics! Glad the babes are doing well. How soon can you find out b/g?

    Sorry you had a diaper bag drama...too many scares for the mama! Glad you got to take a nap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear the babies are doing well! Can't wait to hear the update from the big u/s next week! ;)

    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that widget! All those babies! :-) Glad all is well, I can't wait for u/s pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My record for trips to the bathroom during an ultrasound was 4. I have one baby resting very low in my pelvis (read, rolling around on my bladder), which didn't help then and isn't helping now either!

    So glad you decided to blog. Someday your journaling will be so important to your little ones, Owen and the three we're all praying for!

    Christy
    (Triplet mama to be at 33 weeks!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie,
    I can't believe you have your 'big' u/s so soon! I hope you continue to feel well!!! And I hope that you have some luck with encouraging Owen's independence...it is so hard since they are still our 'babies!'

    keep us posted on your restrictions! I'd be happy to bring dinner if that would help you have a relaxing evening!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete