Sunday, April 5, 2009

Happy Due Date (one day late)!


Grant, Mayleah, and Mason
April 4, 2009

The babies' due date was yesterday -- I'm late with this post just like I'm late with most things these days.  The babies are now 6 weeks and 2 days old.  Time flies when you're having fun and it seems to fly at the speed of light when you're sleep deprived.  

A few highlights of this week -- we took Mason and the other 2 babies for a check up at the pediatrician.  The main purpose was to have Mason looked at after his hospital visit but since Mayleah and Grant still had their cold, I wanted them to be seen as well.  They're all doing fine, just still a little snotty.  They're gaining weight well  -  at last weigh in Grant was 6lbs 11oz, Mason was 6lbs 10oz, and Mayleah was 6lb 9oz.  We received the go-ahead to drop the babies' fortified and formula feedings since they're gaining so well.  From here on they'll get all mommy's milk as long as I can keep up with their demand.    Mason has been a little fussy after feedings and his spitting up a bit more, so the pediatrician gave us an optional prescription for meds for reflux.  We'll see if they help but other than that, the babies are generally really good babies -- only crying when you make the mistake of changing their diapers (haha -- none of them likes getting their pants changed at all!) or when they're hungry. 

They're doing well and so is the rest of the family, but we all agree that things will be even better when we're getting a bit more sleep.  Here are some pictures from this week. 


Mayleah wearing one of her preemie outfits for the last time -- it's definitely too small now!

Owen wearing his new Cubs hat, his firetruck jammies, and mom's shoes.  Don't you just love a well-dressed 2 year old?

The triplets on their due date

Mason

Mayleah

Grant


6 comments:

  1. Carrie, they are doing so great! I think it's awesome how close in weight they are to each other and you can drop the formula. I bet you'll be able to keep up with them, you've been doing so fantastic so far. I'm happy to see an update and pictures, no matter if you are "late." :-)
    Oh, and Beckett HATES getting his diaper changed too, but still manages to fill clean ones with poo within minutes. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you can drop the formula--you are doing great mama! The babies are growing so well and just look as adorable as ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news and great photos!! Glad everything is going so well, and hope you get more rest soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go, Cubs, go!

    Their weights are fantastic, Carrie. I am so proud of you for getting to the point where dropping any supplemental feedings. **You're a mom of triplets who are exclusively breastfeeding.** Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures of all of the kids, Carrie! Thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great! You are doing amazing. I hope you are able to get some sleep. That is great news about the weight gain and being able to drop the formula. Funny I was changing Nate yesterday and he was smiling and cooing and I remember when he would scream bloody murder when we undressed him and changed his diaper.

    ReplyDelete