We've been able to get out and enjoy the weather a bit in the last couple of weeks. Last weekend, we got out Owen's splash pool from last year and he really enjoyed it. We also found a gazebo-ish (not sure what to call it) thing to put up in the backyard so the babies could go out in the shade and enjoy some fresh air, as well. Owen LOVED playing in his pool and barely noticed that the slide no longer worked (guess the blow-up pool popped a hole). He also enjoyed eating ice cream outside, though I'm sure you couldn't tell from his face, haha.

The babies all enjoy sitting out in their bouncies in the warm weather....they typically take little naps out there so we're actually able to enjoy it, too.




Late last week, we enjoyed a quick visit with our friends Angie, Madeline, and Leo. Leo was mentioned in a previous post -- he was born about 4 weeks after the triplets, but is nearly double their size now (granted, he was nearly double their size at birth, too!). He's an cute little man! I thought it would be good to capture the comparison of the 4 babies with a photo -- they're lined up from left to right, heaviest to lightest. That doesn't translate into tallest to shortest, though. At the time, Mayleah weighed more than the boys but is definitely the shortest and Mason, though the lightest of the trips, is still the longest. :o) Though, as of today, Grant has tied Mayleah in the weight department -- they're both 9lbs 5oz! And Mason is trying his best to keep up at 8lbs 10.5oz.


L-R: Leo, Mayleah, Grant, Mason (Grant, true to form, had to grimace for the picture!)
The pic below is something I meant to post a while ago -- a few weeks ago, we loaded the whole family up and met 2 other triplet families at a local park. It was great to get out and get a chance to chat with people who can empathize with the life of raising triplets. Pictured below (left to right) are the Dilger Triplets, the Perry Triplets, and Owen and our triplets.
We're starting to venture out with the babies -- yesterday and today we decided to take all the kids with us on some errands. We definitely get looks -- the red triplet stroller makes it hard to be inconspicuous. But so far, things are going well. We had one woman literally follow us around Lowes today (she was an employee, but only follow us to talk to us about the babies, not because we asked for or needed her help, but because she 'just LOVES multiples'). That was a little weird, but I'm sure that will happen more frequently as venture out more often. Thankfully no one has asked us the 'Are they natural" question yet -- I still haven't decided how I'm going to answer that question when it comes up (and I'm sure it will!), but I like the idea of saying 'no, they're made of a synthetic material and powered by eco-friendly batteries.' Haha.... let me know how you think we should respond.....would love to hear your suggestions!
Please keep Owen and us in your thoughts and prayers on Tuesday -- he's going in for surgery to place a 3rd set of tubes in his ears on Tuesday morning. It's a quick and easy procedure and I'm sure everything will be fine, but it never hurts to have a little help.




We had the same blow up pool last summer. The girls loved it! Sounds like Owen does too :)
ReplyDeleteI love the pic of the 3 sets of triplets. Although you might get stares having 3 kids, many of us are just in awe of you and how you can do it all :)
Good luck, Owen, on your tubes. You are going to do great!
I am thinking about you all and about Owen! Keep us posted. I hope he gets relief soon. Loved those pics of him--and of the babies, of course. :)
ReplyDeleteI still like Jill's idea about saying, "No, we take their batteries out at night" when people ask the stupid natural question. ;)
Are they natural? You could answer, "Did you see Robert Redford in the role of Roy Hobbs? Now THAT's natural...."
ReplyDelete