Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy 3 month birthday, Mason, Mayleah and Grant!


Mason, Mayleah, and Grant
May 20, 2009

Paired with the picture below, aaron, my mom, and I imagined this dialogue between the babies: 
Picture above: Mason -- 'Wow, look at that pretty light up there -- ooooohhh'
Mayleah -- 'Yeah, that's a really pretty light....wait...what's that, Grant???'
Grant -- 'I'm hungry...I wonder what Mayleah's ear tastes like...'

a few seconds later....


Picture below: Mason -- 'oooooohhh, so pretty'
Mayleah --- 'eeeeewwwwww!!! Grant just licked my ear!!!!'
Grant --- 'note for future reference....ears are NOT good eatin'




Mason smiling
Mason is such a happy little man when he's feeling good and his reflux meds are working.  Lately, that's been less frequently though -- I think his meds need to be adjusted.  But, he's generally happy and in a great mood -- happy to sit in his bouncy and kick or lay in the play gym and talk to the toys.  He loves it when you talk to him and often rewards you with a huge grin.  He still long and lean -- I'm working hard to fatten him up but it isn't happening very quickly.  
Mayleah
Mayleah is such a sweet and happy little baby.  She really only fusses when she's got a dirty diaper or when she's hungry.  She, too, gives lots of smiles and loves to watch the toys in the play gym or the lights and toys on one of the bouncies.  She's really changing in her looks (I think) and is starting to be a little chunky baby -- I even had to put away her newborn sized clothes the other day.  She's officially in 0-3 month, though a lot of it is still a bit to big for her.  Mayleah was an angel for the photo shoot today.  I was able to get some adorable pictures of her sleeping and she even did well in the group shots until her brothers started to piss her off.  
 
Grant
Oh, Grant -- he's so darn cute but it takes 5 million pictures to get one good one of him.  He's just NOT into having his picture taken.  This is one of the few that really show his true cuteness.  Grant is a bit stingy with his smiles, but will give them if you put some effort into entertaining him.  He's been a bit fussy lately and I'm starting to wonder if he's not suffering from reflux as well.  He definitely has a temper and lets you know right away if he isn't happy.  His favorite thing to do is eat and snuggle -- those are his happiest times.  I often resort to snuggling with him (such a sacrifice, I tell ya!) in the mornings after the other 2 babies have gone back to sleep so that we can get a bit more rest.  

As of today, Mayleah officially doubled her birth weight and now weighs 8lbs 14oz.  Grant comes in 2nd in the weight department at 8lbs 9oz and Mason is still hanging in there at 8lbs 3.5oz.  They're growing and getting more active by the day.  We're really enjoying their smiles and generally get at least one from each of them every day.  They're somewhat in a schedule, but I'm sure that by typing that, I've completely jinxed it.  Last night, all 3 slept from about 11:30pm to nearly 5am.  I now believe that heaven comes in the form of sleep in uninterrupted intervals -- 5 hours was wonderful!  I can't wait for 6, or 7....

Owen is doing ok, as well.  However, on Monday, we scheduled another surgery for him to get a 3rd set of tubes put in his ears.  His second set (that was put in almost exactly a year ago) fell out a couple of months ago and since then his ears have been infected almost constantly.  While his tubes were in and he was on reflux and allergy meds, he had been ear infection free.  I hate having to put him through another surgery, but having to be on antibiotics every 2 - 3 weeks and not being able to hear well isn't a good option, either.  The ENT said she will use more permanent tubes this time so hopefully they'll stay in for 2 or 3 years!  Other than his ear issues, he's doing wonderfully.  Still totally obsessed with fire trucks and police cars, but he absolutely LOVES to play outside now that the weather is nice.  He's very happy that his Nana and Papa are back in town to play, too.  


5 comments:

  1. Such cute pictures! I love the commentary, you gotta entertain yourself somehow right? I agree Mayleah is totally chubby, so cute...keep up the good work Carrie, they are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are such beautiful babies!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new blog look and the pics! They are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this update! What sweeties!!! The photos are gorgeous. I esp. love the one of Grant. He's not the chunky smiler that Mayleah is and he's not the tiny guy that Mason appears to be. He's the "middle guy.." and we love him for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Grant is eating Mayleah in the first pic. Adorable! I can't believe they are 3 months already! Just beautiful babies!

    ReplyDelete