Sunday, August 16, 2009

NICU Reunion Picnic and Locks of Love

On Sunday, we attend our first NICU reunion picnic that St. Vincent's Women's hospital hosts every year. It was great to get to see some of the babies' caregivers and to see what the babies and Owen can look forward to each year. They had tons of activities that Owen enjoyed, but the babies were a bit too young yet. Here are some pictures from the day.


The big red bus attracted quite a bit of attention!

Mason
Mayleah
Grant
Owen and the babies


Grant, Mayleah, and Mason
Karrie, a NICU nurse, was Grant's nurse after Mayleah and Mason were discharged from the NICU
Owen enjoying his lunch

This post is a little backwards, but oh well... :o)
On Saturday we went to the shack to spend have dinner and spend some time with Nana, Papa, and Great Uncle Keith. Isn't he one good-lookin' guy? The cute babies on his lap help a bit. ;o) Mayleah was sleeping so she missed out on the photo op with her great uncle.

Uncle Keith, Grant, Mason, and Owen
Uncle Keith with Owen and Grant

And further back in time, last Thursday I changed my looks a bit by chopping more than 10 inches off my hair. It grew so fast while I was pregnant that I decided to continue to grow it a bit after the babies were born until it was long enough for me to donate to Locks of Love -- an organization that makes wigs for kids who need them (whether they have alopecia or are undergoing chemo, etc). So, I'm sporting a new, much shorter 'do and trying to get used to it. I like it, but it definitely takes a bit more effort than the longer hair did. Here's a before and after pic.

One last picture, just for the 'awwwwe' factor....

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures are beautiful, just like your family and your hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic that St. V's does a picnic every year! I know how much I loved the nurses when Ella was in the NICU for 2 DAYS, so I can't imagine the bond you formed with them over the course of 3 weeks!

    And I did the exact same thing with my hair after Ella was born. I cut about 13 inches off and donated it to Locks of Love! Needed a fresh new look, and was able to help some kiddos at the same time - perfect! :)

    All of the kids look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh that Awwwww picture kills me.....sniffff.

    I LOVE the hair - both ways!! I donated mine to LoL after Madda. I don't know if I can make it again! You look SO GREAT!!!!

    The NICU reuion looks like it was a great time. I keep wanting to say choo choo chugga chugga big red bus ; )

    Erin

    ReplyDelete