Friday, March 6, 2009

A Big Milestone (times 3)!

Between Wednesday afternoon and Thursday afternoon, all 3 of the triplets took their minimum amounts in their bottles, and they did it all by bottle (meaning, the nurses didn't have to use the NG tubes to finish their feedings).  This meant that they were able to remove their NG tubes!!! Now all the babies are on 'ad lib' feedings which means they can have as much or as little at each feeding as they want and as long as they continue to gain weight and otherwise behave themselves (no episodes of concern like lowering their heart rate too low or having apnea, etc), they'll likely come home in a few days.  Please continue to pray for their continued health and growth -- we can't wait until we can pinch fat rolls on their little legs and cuddle them all day long in the comfort of our own home.  :o)  Here's an update on their current weights -- Mason: 4lbs, 11oz; Mayleah: 4lbs 7oz; Grant: 4lbs 13oz.  Grant's the only one who has surpassed his birth weight, but Mayleah isn't too far behind him.  Mason has a few more ounces to go (he was 4lbs 15oz at birth). 

Here's a pic of all 3 together again without their NG tubes.  It's so wonderful to see their faces and be able to kiss them on both cheeks without having a tube and tape in the way.  

And just because, here are pictures of each of them after they had their tubes removed.

Mason


Mayleah


Grant


8 comments:

  1. OMG how sweet is that picture of them together. They are doing SO well, but we knew they would, right? They'll be snuggled in at home before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie I'm so happy the tubes are gone! Woo Hoo! Could they get any cuter? Glad they can finally be themselves free of tubes & tape.
    Don't forget a friend of mine's hubby hooked her pump to his air compressor's motor, so if your's isn't pumping fast enough, get Papa on it!!ha ha Thanks for posting the pics & keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No NGs?? Yeah for the babies; that is a huge step!! I love the pic of the 3 of them together....just precious!!! Thanks for the great updates, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! Congratulations on such a huge milestone! I LOVE the first picture of them together...they all look so content to be able to snuggle each other. :)

    Thanks for keeping us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news, Carrie! We're praying for all of you. Homecoming isn't far off now.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy all are doing well!!!! I know things have been hectic so I've been keeping tabs through updates and my dad - but just want you to know we're all thinking of you and sending love! xoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go trips. They are too adorable - all snuggled together. I can't wait until you are able to have your entire brood home, and I can't wait to meet them! I'm so happy for their progression!! And now Mason is looking a lot like Owen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carrie - what great news! :) I'm so happy for you and for the trips!

    ReplyDelete