Mason, Mayleah & Grant, 3 weeks old
March 13, 2009
Today we brought Grant home to join his brothers and sister. Our family is now complete and we couldn't be happier. Grant's weight at discharge today was 5lbs, 6oz. All 3 of our babies are now over 5 pounds! Mason and Mayleah had a big day today as well. They went to their first pediatrician appointment for a well-baby check up. Mason weighed in at a whopping 5lbs, 9.5oz and Mayleah was 5lbs, 3oz. They each gained a great amount of weight (as of last Saturday, Mason was 5lb 1oz, and Mayleah was 4lbs 11oz) and because of that, we were given the all clear by Dr. N to stretch out their feedings a little bit longer than every 3 hours. I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I can stay home all day and enjoy my babies. It will be the first day in nearly 4 weeks that I haven't been either a patient or a visitor at the hospital. St. V's and its staff are wonderful, but I won't miss making that trip everyday.
Owen is doing good with this transition. Today was a bit overwhelming between the pediatrician appointment and picking up Grant, but he took it all in like a trooper. He even joined us on the trip to the ped for Mason and Mayleah and was very well-behaved. We are so proud of him and we tell him often how much we love him and how proud we are of him on a daily basis. Tomorrow, Daddy has a special surprise for him -- they're going to go to RideMakerz to build a car. Owen has been there once before and had a blast. Hopefully he'll enjoy it just as much during his second trip.
For those of you that know me well, I'm sure you're not surprised that my first order of business after getting Grant home (after feeding all 3 of them, of course), was to get them together for a photo shoot. I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them and editing them. I especially like the ones of their hands and feet intertwined. :o)




Carrie, you are doing a great job!! Those pictures are beautiful and brought tears to my eyes (pregnancy hormones much?) Anyway, I am sure those babies will continue to thrive and Owen will continue to be a great big brother. Can't wait to meet them in a couple weeks when I bring food!
ReplyDeleteCarrie, you and your husband do wonderful work :) They are just beautiful and I love the pics of their arms and legs intertwined! It's like...whose arm is whose? I just love it! Congratulations on all your children being safe and sound and under one roof :)
ReplyDeleteOK I'm sitting here just crying over those pictures (Steph, I'm proof that it's NOT pregnancy hormones! :)) It must have been a joyous day for you. Enjoy your day today - I'm sure it'll be a little slice of heaven to just relax and snuggle with all of your kiddos!
ReplyDeleteYay!! So happy they are all home together and doing well!! Those pictures are priceless! They *almost* make me wish I had triplets. ;) They are all so adorable. You have so many wonderful times ahead of you with that big family!!! Congratulations again!!
ReplyDeleteThese are absolutely the most precious pictures!! Your babies are gorgeous and I am so happy everyone is home and doing well.
ReplyDeleteSuch great pictures! I bet they are so happy to be able to touch each other again. I'm so happy for you that your family is complete under one roof. What a blessing!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures Carrie. They are all so adorable. I can't wait to meet them on Friday.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh I LOVE those pictures! The babies are just beautiful! I saw this post awhile back, but haven't had the chance to comment. I hope you are all doing well and think of you often. We'll have to bring dinner by soon!
ReplyDelete