Saturday, March 21, 2009

The triplets are one month old!


Grant, Mayleah, and Mason 
Feb 20th, 2009 -- 1 month old
Mason

Mayleah


Grant


I honestly can't believe it -- on Friday, the triplets were officially one month old.  I know time passes quickly after you've had a baby (I still feel like Owen should be only about 6 months old) but this month as flown by.   Everyone continues to do great.  All the babies are gaining weight well -- yesterday Mason weighed 6lbs!!! Grant wasn't too far behind at 5lbs 14oz and Mayleah continues to be the smallest at 5lbs 9oz.  They're getting big and starting to almost look like chubby newborns. Owen is continuing to get used to his new siblings.  He seems a little more interested in them and will give them all kisses goodnight when he goes up to bed.  Last weekend we were successful at getting all 4 of them together for a few pictures, but I didn't get one picture were everyone was happy.  Hopefully that isn't a sign of things to come!  

We are getting settled into a routine of feeding and changing the babies.  They still sleep the majority of the time, but yesterday they were all awake for about 2 hours in the afternoon. We're welcoming visitors at home so if you'd like to come over for a visit, please call (call back a bit later if we don't answer -- I often don't remember to return phone calls until close to midnight and I figure most of you aren't up at that time!) and we can work out a time -- be forewarned, you'll likely be put to work when you come ;o).  We ask that you hold off on visiting if you or anyone in your house is or has been sick recently and that no school-aged children (or children in daycare) come to visit for a while yet -- we are still in RSV season and need to take extra precautions since the triplets are preemies.   

Here are some pictures from the last week. 

Grant, Mayleah, and Mason in their matching outfits (thanks, Jennifer!)


Owen in his cool new hat from Grandma and Grandpa

Owen with the triplets - notice Grant is very unhappy, Mayleah is trying to eat Owen's shoulder and Mason is working on a cry.


Bailey happily taking on the role of baby-sitter.  :o)








6 comments:

  1. Wow! Time really does fly! They are all so beautiful, Carrie...Owen included of course! I have dinner duty next week - can't wait to see them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow! 1 month already! They are all thriving and looking just beautiful, Carrie.

    I love the last picture of your dog babysitting. Classic, but he's sleeping on the job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it has already been a month! You are doing so fabulously--you are amazing!

    I loooove the pics of them, and Owen in the hat is just adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok those matching onesies are so far beyond cute you are making me want trips of my own! ahahahahahahah

    I am SO in love with the pic of the dog babysitting. How adorable is that????

    They look gorgeous Carrie! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't even recognize those chubbie trips!! Too cute! Can't wait to see you all again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures, Carrie. Glad things are going well for everyone!

    ReplyDelete