Friday, February 20, 2009

D-Day

Today's the day that we will welcome 3 additions to our family.  I've dilated to 6 cm and since I'm far enough along (33w 6d), waiting any longer would put us at an even higher risk of my water breaking and having to have an emergency c-section.  

As I suspected, I'm a bit of a wreck since Dr. M told me that today's the day, even though I expected this would happen.  I'm relieved that after today I'll no longer be pregnant but worried about the babies and of course wondering how in the world all this will play out.  I don't think any amount of time truly prepares you for the idea of bring 3 new lives into the world at the same time.  My parents are going to bring Owen in to see me again this morning since I'm not sure if I'll be up for a visit with him after the surgery today or not.  

Since I ate breakfast this morning, the surgery won't be until sometime early afternoon, probably around 2 pm.  I'll have my father post an update this evening.  We'll also let everyone know when we're up for visitors although since the babies will be in the NICU, they won't have visitors for a while.  

Please keep these babies in your thoughts and prayers.  While they're farther along than most triplets make it, they're still going to be 6 weeks premature and will likely need some assistance breathing (hopefully for only a few days, if that) and eating.  

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Carrie, it's going to be a thrilling day! You are in the best hands as are the babies. You, the babies, and the delivery team will be in my prayers all day and I look forward to reading an update to "meet" these three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, I'm sooo excited for you!! Please, please let me know if you need any breastmilk. I will pump to my little heart's content for you and those little ones!!

    If you don't mind, I'd love to come see you when you're up to it! I'll be stalking the blog for updates.

    Many thoughts and prayers to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done great! We are holding you all up in prayer.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and those 3 miracles are in my prayers today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie,
    Congratulations and great job getting the boys this far. You have done all you can do and I know they will do great. We will look forward to pictures of your 3 little ones and we will keep your family in our prayers:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for you the threesome! Congrats, Carrie. Can't wait to see all of you! Much Love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My prayers are with all 4 of you today! What an exciting day for you and your family. You have done such an awesome job during this pregnancy and you are getting to meet those beautiful babies today!!!! Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carrie- so excited for you and your family. I was going to visit you on the high risk unit, but never got the chance :) You are in great hands at the St. V's NICU, we had some great nurses up there. 33W6D is AWESOME. I had mine at 31 weeks. You are a trooper. Please let me know if you need anything. And make sure to have a St. V cheeseburger and milkshake before you leave, they are yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At this point those babies have been born. I was gone today so I didn't get to read this until just now. I hope everything went as planned and the babies are thriving. Please update us whenever you have a moment to yourself...even if that isn't for a few days! Take care. You and your ever-growing family are in my thoughts and prayers for sure!

    ReplyDelete