First, I'd like to say thank you to everyone who has been praying for us and the well-being of our babies. They are doing just wonderfully and we are so happy and thankful for their health. Thank you for everyone who has called or emailed to say congrats and see how the babies and I are doing -- I haven't gotten a chance to reply to emails or talk to most of you, but know that I very much appreciate your thoughtfulness even though I haven't been able to tell you that in person.
Second, I want to say hi to my little man at home, whom I miss more than words can say. He's been visiting me in the hospital, but he just isn't himself there and so I don't feel like I've really been able to see him since last Monday.
Here are a couple of pictures of him from last Sunday (opening Valentines presents) and Monday (having a picnic lunch in bed with Mommy at home). Owen --- Mommy is so proud of you and can't want to come home and play with you and all your trains and toys. I can't wait to get to snuggle you close and tuck you in your bed at night. I know you're going to be a great big brother to Mason, Mayleah, and Grant. They can't wait to see you, too. I love you, Stinker!
Owen eating a picnic lunch in bed with Mommy before she left for the hospital
On to Mommy and the babies -- We are all doing very well. Friday night and yesterday were a bit rough for me. I was having a hard time resting and was pretty uncomfortable from the surgery (more on the delivery story in the future). But, I was able to make 3 trips to the NICU to see the babies and even got to feed Grant a bottle yesterday afternoon and Mason a bottle last night. Yes, that's what I said....feed them bottles! They're all taking nearly all of every feeding by bottle. None of the babies had to have any breathing assistance at all and they started their bottle feedings yesterday morning. While they all have NG tubes, it's just to be sure they can get their complete feedings and they're not used unless they can't finish their bottle. They also use the NG tubes to be sure that they've digested their previous feedings. Mason has done so well with all of his feedings that he no longer has an IV! The doctors and nurses continue to rave about how big they are and how well they're doing. Needless to say, we're very proud of them. :o) I have gotten to hold and snuggle each one for a good amount of time and also got to change Grant's diaper yesterday afternoon.
Although each baby is doing great, they'll likely still be in the NICU for a week or two. They each have to meet 3 milestones before they can go home: take all of their feedings (and a minimum amount at each feeding) by bottle, be gaining weight, and maintain their own body temperature. We'll keep you updated on how well they're doing with each of these milestones in the coming days.
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers -- we're doing well and want to keep it that way!
For now, here are some random pictures from the last couple of days:
Mommy, Daddy and Mason Friday night
Mason and Mommy Saturday night
Mayleah on her birthday
Mayleah's toes -- don't you just want to eat them??? :o)
Mayleah showing off her pretty eyes
Grant's feet
Grant on his birthday
Grant -- Saturday afternoon
Grant -- lounging in the warmer -- he loves to stretch out and Mommy and Daddy both think he looks a lot like big brother Owen
Mommy changing Grant's diaper Saturday afternoon
Grant holding Mommy's finger
Grant getting a bottle from Mommy
Lots of pictures of Grant -- we'll get more of Mason and Mayleah later today.




Great pictures! Grant looks just like your husband! They are all wonderful. You are keeping up the blog so well, very impressive. Keeping you guys in my thoughts!
ReplyDeleteThey are all absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on such a beautiful family, and I'm so happy to hear that you're all doing great!
ReplyDeleteI love seeing them on their back with their hands behind their heads - just chillin' like 3 villains! The really are adorable, healthy babes, I'm sure you are feeling like a million bucks right now. Agreed that Grant looks like Aaron! So cute!! Hugs to Owen as well, he's going to be the best, most experienced big bro. Can't wait to see the 6 of you (plus your parents).
ReplyDeleteAwwww, it is so great to hear from you and the pictures are adorable, what amazing blessings! Prayers are still going strong for all of you:)
ReplyDeleteHugs and Love,
Cathy
Congratulations to all of you!!! What awesome birth weights and so glad to hear they are all doing so well! Grow, eat and warm, babies!!! Our girls had the same goals and were home within 12 & 16 days...your house will be a hustle and bustle of activity before you know it! In the meantime, take good care of yourself Carrie as you are healing and try to rest! :) Congrats again!
ReplyDeleteI just love those pictures, Carrie. What a wonderful, beautiful set of kids you have :) I love the toe shots and the one of Grant lounging in the warmer...I can't blame him for that :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for keeping your blogging community updated! You are doing an amazing job and I hope your recovery goes smoothly. Congratulations!
I can't believe how much Grant and Mayleah look like Owen! They're definitely siblings! A big shout out to Owen for being a big brother to THREE sibs!
ReplyDeleteI DO think Grant looks a lot like Owen!! :)
ReplyDeleteI am so loving these updates (and, of course, that you are all doing well)! Thanks for doing them.
I know you must miss Owen a ton. He is such a cutie. I bet he is excited to be a big brother!
Hope you heal quickly, Carrie.
Do they make warmers in my size? Mmmmm I am never warm enough!!!
ReplyDeleteCarrie they all look GREAT! You are already doing SUCH a great job!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHey Carrie, Congratulations!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGrant, Mayleah and Mason look great. I hope they are getting better day by day and will join you at home soon.
Congratulations once again on birth of 3 adorable babies.