We also had a biophysical profile done today after the OB appointment. All three babies scored a perfect score of 8 (they're already overachievers, haha). The BPP basically makes sure that they're practicing breathing, showing good movement, measures the fluid in each of their sacs, and measures their heart rate. They also got measured again today. Baby A was 4lb 11oz, Baby B was 4lb 10oz, and Baby C was 4lb 3oz. That's a whopping 13 1/2 pounds of baby, my friends! :o) No wonder I feel like I'm carrying a bowling ball or two around! No new pictures -- the babies are really smashed together in there and it's just not possible to get good 3D pictures of them at this point.
I'm still feeling ok physically, except when I try to walk, move or just turn over in bed. But I feel like I've hit a mental breaking point....I feel like I'll be huge forever and while I really want this pregnancy to be over, I don't want it to end too early for the babies' sake. So, if you see me or talk to me anytime soon, please ignore my general grumpiness and please don't try to change my mood -- I'm just tired and bored and can't wait for these next few weeks to pass so that I can meet these little ones and start to feel human again. I know I've been very lucky to have a relatively uneventful triplet pregnancy (well the pregnancy has been uneventful but my life as not been, that's for sure!), but make no mistake --- it certainly isn't easy.




I know it's impossibly tough, Carrie. Just know that you have innumerable cheerleaders out here! Those weights are awesome and you know how close you are now to meeting these little babies. You can DOOOOO ITTTT!!!
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe how big those babies are! You go girl! That is awesome! I am so happy that they are progressing so well. I cannot imagine what mental things must be going on for you. It must be so hard to just lie around all day while at the same time knowing that you are doing the best thing you can for the babies by doing just that - being immobile! I realize it must be taking a toll on you in terms of not being able to be with Owen as much as you would like. Hang in there! Only 4 weeks to go! In the scheme of life, that's chump change right? It will be a hard 4 weeks, but Jessica is right, you have so many cheerleaders out there just rooting you and your family on!
ReplyDeleteWonderful news! Your positive outlook is so great to see, and is an example for all of us! I can't wait to met the little ones:)
ReplyDeleteYou are doing so well! :) Congratulations on big healthy babes. :)
ReplyDeleteYay for the tri-feti! Even without the pics, I can imagine how cute they are, all squished together. You are doing great, and looking great!! Just a few more weeks to go, hopefully watching TC will make the time go faster!
ReplyDeleteCarrie, wow! You are doing so well! I can understand about wanting pregnancy to be over but then again wanting those babies to stay in as long as possible (and I have only had 1 at a time..I am such a wimp!). They are obviously growing so well and what great weights!
ReplyDeleteHang in there! You are almost there and then you will be holding those little blessings :)
I'm new to your blog and just wanted to say congrats!
ReplyDeletePrayers are coming your way!!
You seem to be doing great and staying positive!!