Sunday, February 15, 2009

Owen funnies

A conversation with Owen tonight prompted me to write this.  Here's what he said tonight at the dinner table: 

Owen: 'Owen's all done' (yes, he sometimes talks about himself in the third person) 'I wanna go outside and play'
Me: 'You wanna go outside and play?  It's cold outside and it's almost nite-nite time'
Owen: 'I wanna go take a nap'
Me:  'You wanna take a nap?  or a bath?'
Owen: 'I wanna go take a bath in Mommy's big bath tub' 
Me: 'OK, as soon as everyone's done eating we'll go take a bath'
Owen: 'I wanna go upstairs and get naked and take a bath in Mommy's big bath tub' 

The last line of course prompted all of us to giggle and he thought he was pretty funny. 

Here are some of the other cute things he says: 
'Whatsa gonna happen now?' (add an Italian accent -- not sure where he got this from)
'I wanna piece a choc-o-lot' (we hear this nearly every night at dinner)
'It's kinda hot, Nana'
I love how he calls our dog Winnie 'Ninnie'
'Lightening Queen' is Lightening McQueen from the movie Cars

A few weeks ago, my dad, whom Owen calls 'Papa', cut a small piece of wood for Owen while he was at their lake house.  I wasn't there, but apparently Owen didn't much care for the noise from the saw and because my dad and uncle were gluing pipes together, there was a yucky smell in the cabin as well.  Owen thought his piece of wood was pretty cool though.  The next morning, Owen ran up to Aaron with his piece of wood and said 'Papa noisy and stinky'.  :o)

Aaron has been having some trouble with his wrist and now has to wear a brace.  The first time Owen saw his daddy with the brace on, he went over to him and gave his wrist as kiss.  As if that's not cute enough, he then proceeded to say, 'I'll fix it!' and ran over to his toy work bench, got a wrench and ran back to 'fix' daddy's wrist.   




1 comment:

  1. What a funny, sweet little guy! :)

    I was thinking how he would say that line with an italian accent and it made me bust out laughing. :) So cute!

    Beau calls Lightening McQueen "Yite A Queen" ;)

    ReplyDelete